CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu

This is a recipe that my Foods Committee for 4-H used for their County Officials Dinner. I thought that it turned out amazing! Everyone there loved it.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
4 slices Provolone cheese
4 slices dried beef
8 slices bacon*
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt

Directions:
- Pound each chicken breast to ¼ inch thickness. Place 1 slice of cheese and one slice of dried beef on top. Roll chicken, tucking in sides to secure cheese and beef. Wrap one piece of bacon* around the chicken roll.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, chicken soup and seasoned salt. Put a few spoonfuls in bottom of greased dish. Place chicken rolls seam side down in dish. Spoon remainder of soup mixture over chicken rolls.
- Cook in oven for approximately 3 hours at 300 degrees or 45 minutes at 350 degrees, then microwave for 10 minutes.

4 servings.

* I cook bacon slightly before wrapping around the chicken.

Source: Lena Osborne (4-H Volunteer)

1 comments:

Shannon

Hi Suzanne,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. Following up on a recent email invitation to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I just want to reiterate that I am very impressed with the quality of your posts. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.


Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com