CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Blueberry Scones


My husband loves blueberries so he bought a huge thing of blueberries from Costco. I so far have made Blueberry Waffles, Muffins, and now these. He has loved everything so far so hopefully he will love these too.

Ingredients:
2 c. flour plus 2 Tbsp, plus 1 Tbsp (I did not use the 1 Tbsp since I used fresh berries)
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
6 Tbsp butter, plus 1/2 Tbsp, chilled
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 c. half and half, chilled (I did not have any half and half so I used this substitution= 7/8 cup milk and 7/8 tablespoon melted butter, cooled )
2/3 c. frozen Maine wild blueberries (I used a cup of fresh)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment. (I used my pizza stone instead)
-In small bowl combine frozen blueberries and 1 Tbsp flour and toss to combine. (I left this step out)
-Place blueberry mixture back into freezer. (I left this step out)
-In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
-Take butter out of fridge, cut into chunks and add to flour mixture.
-Cut butter into flour until pea sized or smaller.
-Add vanilla and half and half and mix in with a spoon until just barely incorporated.
-Take blueberries out of fridge and knead into mixture until mixture forms a ball of sticky dough.
-Turn dough out onto floured surface and pat down into rough 9-10 inch circle.
-Cut into 8 triangles and place triangles onto prepared baking sheet at least an inch apart.
-Take 1/2 Tbsp butter and cut into 8 small pieces.
-Place one small piece of butter on top of each scone.
-Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
-Let cool and enjoy.

Source: Good Things Catered

1 comments:

Anonymous

So how'd you like them? I make a lot of blueberry stuff for the hubs too. They look great. Hopefully they turned out well for you! Thanks for visiting my site. :)