CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Banana Nut Bread


I am always looking for new banana bread recipes. When I saw this recipe on Katie's Blog, Good Things Catered, I just had to try it. I still have a couple more recipes to try, but this one was very good.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. mashed bananas (about 3 medium; the browner, the better!)
3 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c. walnuts (I really like Banana Nut Bread so I added some nuts that I had on hand)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In bowl of stand mixer, cream shortening and sugar.
-Beat in eggs one at a time; then bananas, sour cream, and lemon juice.
-Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
-Slowly add dry ingredients to mixture.
- Add nuts.
-Pour into greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan.
-Bake for 60 minutes.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Hey! Looks great. I LOVE banana nut bread too. Unfortunately DH is allergic to nuts. But yummy nonetheless!