CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Apricot Brown Sugar Ham

I needed a new Ham recipe to make for my family for our Christmas Dinner at my house. I wanted to try something a little different. When I saw this recipe with the apricot I thought this is it!! Everyone loved the ham, it even made an appearance the next day at the Young Adults Christmas Dinner after I messed up the Turkey that I was making. Everyone enjoyed it there too. All in all a great Ham recipe.



Ingredients:
1 (10 pound) fully-cooked spiral cut ham
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup apricot jam
1 teaspoon dry mustard

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.

2. Place ham cut side down onto a sheet of aluminum foil. I like to put the shiny side up. Mix together the brown sugar, apricot jam, and mustard powder in a small bowl. Brush onto ham using a pastry brush or barbecue brush. Reserve any left over glaze. Enclose the foil around the ham and place on a rimmed baking sheet.

3. Roast for 2 hours in the preheated oven, or if your ham is a different size, figure 14 minutes per pound. Apply remaining glaze 20 minutes before ham is done.

Recipe from Allrecipes and picture from my kitchen.

0 comments: