CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Salsa Chicken


I saw this recipe on several different foodie blogs and decided that I need to try it. I think that if I make it again that I will probably not use the chili powder because it smelled too much like chili.

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, skinless
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1 green pepper, sliced (I used chopped up jalapeno pepper instead)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Brown chicken in skillet (no need to cook through). Toss chicken with seasonings, then add to casserole or baking dish. Add salsa and green pepper. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Add cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.

I served this with Mexican Rice.

0 comments: