CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baking for a Soldier

I have participated in a couple Baking Gals projects for servicemen who I did not know.  I found this to be such a rewarding project.  We just had a soldier from from church to get deployed.  I thought that it would be a great idea to do this for someone that I actually knew.  Therefore, I spoke at one of my United Methodist Women meetings about how awesome that I thought it would be to do a project similar to the Baking Gal's but on a smaller more local level.  They agreed to participate.  Tomorrow our boxes will be blessed at church and then they will be off to their intended soldiers on Monday.  I am so excited to see this happen.  I hope that we can continue to do this for local soldiers.

Here are some pictures of my box as I put it together:
My Empty Box

A Postcard from My Chinese Exchange Teacher Ting
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
Sugar Cookies
Macadamia Nut Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies
Drink Mixes
My Card

My Finished Box






Tomorrow I will post pictures of the Blessing!!!!

0 comments: