CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Peach Cobbler

Well, when we bought our new home I noticed that we had quite a few fruit trees. Well one of these trees was a peach tree. The peaches just started getting ripe so I decided to make a peach cobbler since Lenny and my dad really like cobblers.

Peaches from my tree


The peaches cooking


The yummy final product.


Ingredients:
1/2cup sugar
1tablespoon cornstarch
1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
4cups sliced fresh peaches (6 medium)
1teaspoon lemon juice
3tablespoons shortening
1cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1tablespoon sugar
1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
1/2teaspoon salt
1/2cup milk

Cream, if desired

Directions:

1.Heat oven to 400ยบ.
2.Mix 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep peach mixture hot in oven.
3.Cut shortening into flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture look like fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
4.Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with cream if desired.

Recipe from Betty Crocker and pictures from my kitchen.

1 comments:

Vikki B

That looks so yummy! I am going to have to try that if I get some more peaches this summer (or maybe with one of my frozen peaches this winter).