CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

All Around Good Smoothie

I have been working out and I have read several places that you need to up your protein intake when working out to boost your metabolism. I also had a banana that I needed to get rid of so this seemed like a great option. I could not get Lenny to try it though because he won't touch any smoothies with yogurt.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk
  • 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
  • 1/2 frozen banana, peeled and chopped (I used a whole banana)
  • 2 tablespoons powdered protein supplement
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons flax seed
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries

Directions:

  1. In a blender, blend the milk, yogurt, banana, protein supplement, flax seed, honey, and strawberries until smooth.
Recipe from allrecipes, picture from my kitchen.

1 comments:

Unknown

I've been looking for a good smoothie recipe, I'll have to give this a try (without the powder perhaps, but still). :)