CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Apple Spice Cake


My church does bereavement dinners when anyone in the church loses a family member. Since I work and cannot help to serve the dinner they always ask for a cake to be dropped off on my way to work. I decided this time that I wanted to make something with a fall theme that I had never made before. I decided on this Pumpkin Apple Spice Cake because I had a pumpkin that my husband and I had gotten to take Paisley's picture with. Therefore, I got to make pumpkin filling and applesauce because we were also out of applesauce, but had plenty of apples.
The apples in the beginning

The applesauce

The Pumpkin when I started

The Pumpkin when I finished

Ingredients:
1 c. oil

3 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 c. applesauce
1 c. pumpkin
2/3 c. nuts, chopped
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Directions:
Cream sugar and oil; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in applesauce and pumpkin. Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture. Add nuts.
Lightly grease sides, bottom, and tube of a 9 inch tube pan. Line the bottom with wax paper or lightly grease and flour Bundt pan. Pour in batter and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 1 1/2 hours (watch). Cool in pan for 15 minutes.

Source: The West Virginia Farm Bureau Cookbook

0 comments: